A Dozen Foods To Avoid That Cause Inflammation – Issue # 108/3
Inflammation In The Body Leads To Disease?
There is a big percentage of the population out there walking around thinking that they are in pretty decent shape, I mean folks who do not consider themselves to be overly fat or overweight and get some sort of weekly exercise. But did you know that a lot of people suffer from low grade inflammation internally, some even high grade? It may not have an effect in the short term but over time it can have devestating results. Inflammation in the body may be a result of a poor diet. So as an effort to make you mindful of this health hazard I wanted to share a list of foods that can cause it and that can lead to illness and disease, it comes from care2.com :
Everyday foods like bacon, eggs, coffee and milk products are linked to inflammation. That may not sound like a big deal however when you think about chronic conditions like cancer, arthritis, diabetes, and excessive weight have been associateded with inflammation. Low grade swelling is a consider in most wellness issues. And if you suffer from a discomfort condition, you better believe that inflammatory foods will aggravate the condition.
Try reducing your consumption of these foods with the goal of eliminating them completely. The same holds true for alcohol and fried foods– both of these have been understood to irritate and worsen arthritis.
TOP 12 INFLAMMATORY FOODS
1. What I call the “3 Ps”–Processed, packaged, or prepared foods. And, yes, fast food is atop the list of inflammatory foods thanks to the harmful oils, sugar and artificial sweeteners, food additives, and a whole host of nasty ingredients.
2. Hydrogenated and trans fats found in margarine, shortening, lard or products made with them. That includes baked goods, cookies, pies, buns. Of course there are healthier alternatives to these baked goods but most grocery stores and bakeries are using these harmful ingredients.
3. Meat (not wild-caught fish). I’m not suggesting that you have to go vegan or vegetarian here although a plant-based diet tends to be much lower in inflammatory elements but meat and chicken have the tendency to trigger inflammation so make them the background of your dishes not the main dish.
4. Fried foods (French fries, onion rings, potato chips, nachos, burgers, etc.). I think these items speak for themselves.
5. White sugar and sweets, including sodas and sweetened juices. Newer research is showing that sugar is one of the most addictive substances you can use. It’s also highly inflammatory. No, you don’t have to eliminate sugar and sweets altogether simply lower your consumption and pick fruit as your “go to” food when you’re craving something sweet.
6. Synthetic sweeteners (Nutrasweet, Splenda, saccharin, aspartame, AminoSweet, etc.)– research links these nasty substances to numerous serious health conditions. I avoid them like the plague.
7. Iodized Salt (use Celtic sea salt instead). Not harmful on its own but sodium is naturally found alongside other valuable minerals like potassium, calcium, and magnesium. Choose unrefined salt which naturally contains many different minerals, not just sodium.
8. Food additives: colors, flavor enhancers, stabilizers, preservatives, etc. Some of the main ones include sulfites, benzoates, and colors named FD&C #”X.” Unfortunately, many foods consumed by children are loaded with these harmful, toxic ingredients.
9. Dairy products (yogurt, ice cream, cottage cheese, butter, cheese, and so on). The reasons dairy items are inflammatory are too lengthy to list below, but today’s milk items are packed with hormones, antibiotics, and other unsafe ingredients so avoid them as much as possible.
10. Wheat products. Wheat is highly acid-forming and inflammatory in the body. Worse, most wheat available now is genetically-modified (GM). Many serious wellness conditions are starting to be linked to GM wheat consumption.
11. Other gluten-containing grains. Gluten is found in most grains and is highly inflammatory. Select grains or seeds like buckwheat, quinoa, or millet for your baking.
12. Alcohol. High in sugar and a problem to the liver, alcohol makes the top 12 inflammatory foods list. It is best eliminated or used in moderation.
Avoid, or cut down on, as much as possible on the items in this list to reduce inflammation in your body. Also, don’t forget that if the microbiota in your gut is off balance, meaning if you have too many bad microbes in your gut and they are overwhelming your good bacteria, that causes endotoxins to “leak” into your bloodstream causing inflammation throughout your body. To avoid that from happening you need to eat foods rich in probiotics, or make sure to consume a probiotic supplement on a regular basis.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Click for our recent groundbreaking report exposing the truth about the Mainstream Medias’ controversial findings about Multivitamins, grab a cool drink or some hot tea and sit back as we set the record straight!
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
The FruitsMax family members would like to give thanks to all our new Amazon.com customers, we could never ever express exactly how delighted we are to have you as part of our family. If you have not joined us yet and would like to learn more click – FruitsMax.